Company Name: Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia (Victoria)
Full Business Address: L1, 1192 Toorak Rd, Camberwell, Victoria, 3124
Contact Name: David Hallett
Phone: 0439 439 145
Public Works practitioners play a crucial role in the planning and delivery of public works and engineering services to the community.
The Institute of Public Works Engineering Australasia (IPWEA) is a professional association providing member services and advocacy for those involved in this important industry. IPWEA (Vic) is the Victorian Division of IPWEA, with our members representing practitioners in state and local government as well as private industry.
IPWEA (Vic) works to:
- provide technical leadership for the wider local government and the public works sector
- support a regional structure for IPWEA and its members
- foster interaction between local government engineering teams & broader public works agencies, e.g. water authorities & VicRoads engineers
- create essential networking with peers across local government and the wider public works sector
- provide valuable professional development opportunities
- provide access to national and international networks
- provide a single point of contact and recognition for public works engineering contributions to industry working groups
- strengthen relationships with IPWEA and other IPWEA Divisions
- keep members up-to-date with industry issues, and
- provide administrative and executive support to achieve its objectives.
IPWEA (Vic) promotes professionalism, education, knowledge sharing and technical knowledge across the public works sector. Whilst our members are the lifeblood of our organisation, we strive for end-to-end engagement with stakeholders throughout the sector and our membership of the VCCIA helps us to do this.